Keep up to date with site rules and any updates/changes!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:22 pm
- Location: In the closet
- Gender: Male
- Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
- Zodiac: Virgo☉ aquarius☽ virgo↑
Hello and welcome to Forgotten Tomes! I'm glad to see that you've taken interest in our site and I do hope you decide to stay. The hope is that this specific thread is able to help you adjust to the site, but certainly take care to check out the other threads within this forum as they're all useful in their own way.
This site was established during January of 2020 and as such, myself and the rest of the staff are looking forward to seeing it grow with time. Forgotten Tomes is meant to act as a place with little restriction on content that still houses a wonderful community where writers, artists and all other similar individuals can meet one another. Being a place where mature themes are actively present, it's expected that all individuals who join are capable of handling such matters. With all of that noted, some threads of importance are as follows: Announcements is where updates about any of importance will be posted, The FAQ is where just about any questions you might have will be answered, and the Staff Introductions page is where you can get to know the staff a little bit better.
You can also find us on discord!
There is an understanding that all members who join the site are at least thirteen years of age as we abide by the COPPA (this federal law is based within the US, as is the website; anyone caught violating this law will be banned without warning). However, the content on the site requires a sense of maturity, which should be kept in mind at all times. That being said, here are some basic guidelines to follow:PUSH DOWN
- Respect both your fellow members as well as the site’s staff team (This includes referring to individuals by their preferred pronouns and gender, not cursing at one another in a manner that is meant to inflict harm, being civil during discussions in which an opinion you might not agree with is voiced, not verbally attacking others in PMs or sending your friends in your stead, constantly asking the same person to do a roleplay after they've already declined your offer, etc.). Note that if a situation not directly listed above arises and it also violates the general concept, the individual(s) are still liable for punishment.
- Privacy is an important aspect as it protects our members and staff from their personal or confidential information being leaked. That said, some basic reminders include asking before sharing screenshots unless there is a mutual trust or understanding from both or all parties. Members are allowed to share their own personal information, but are asked to be cautious in what they do share as once it’s out there, it’s out.
- Spamming is something that is not tolerated on the site. Part of this is because it’s incredibly disruptive. This includes mass PMing members, posting or advertising for websites/products/etc. outside of their intended forums if it’s allowed, repeatedly bumping threads, etc.
- Plagiarism has a zero tolerance policy on the site. It’s common courtesy and sense to not take what you didn’t create yourself and claim it as your own. This includes but is not limited to art, writing, and coding that is certainly copied. Inspirations are welcome, but if it’s a bit too close to tell, don’t push it.
- No matter where on the site, blatant nudity will result in an instant ban. However, artistic nudity in the form of classical paintings or the like is allowed if used as decoration. If you have doubts about the content you want to post, please ask a staff member!
PUSH DOWN ROLEPLAY LITERACY
This only applies to roleplay posts. We have two separate forums for roleplays- the Novice Roleplays forum and the Advanced Roleplays forum. Forgotten Tomes is a site intended to advance and assist budding writers as well as remain a comfortable haven for more literate writers. That being said, let’s look at the two forums and their expectations and then you can decide where you fit!PUSH DOWN
- Roleplay posts within the Novice Roleplay forum should be someplace between 100 and 300 words per character. While writer’s block is understandable, if falling below the expected word count becomes common, a verbal warning will be issued. If multiple verbal warnings are issues with no change, a board warning will be put in place. That said, in the Novice Roleplay forum, there is a section labeled as ‘Tips & Advice’. All writers who actively navigate this forum are advised to take a look at it as there are many interesting and helpful resources to eventually help you in moving up to the Advanced Roleplay forum if you see fit. Active roleplays will be checked periodically to ensure that literacy standards are met.
- Roleplay posts within the Advanced Roleplay forum should be at least 300+ words per character. While writer’s block is understandable, if falling below the expected word count becomes common, a verbal warning will be issued. If multiple verbal warnings are issues with no change, a board warning will be put in place. Active roleplays will be checked periodically to ensure that literacy standards are met.
PUSH DOWN SEEKING AND FINDING ROLEPLAYS
There are several ways for someone to find individuals or groups to roleplay with! If you have any questions concerning these, feel free to reach out to a staff member.PUSH DOWN
- The first way is by checking the 1x1 Roleplays forum within either Novice or Advanced Roleplay forums. At the very top of the thread is a stickied thread that allows members to post individual searches for that cover immediate interests. Keep in mind that members can only post individual ads in this thread every four pages. If you post sooner, a staff member will edit your post out and hand you a verbal warning. However, if you’re someone who prefers a permanent thread where you can post information about yourself and your interests, just drop a thread in the forum Itself!
- The second way you can locate other individuals is by navigating the several subforums within either the Novice or Advanced Roleplay forums. Of these subforums, it includes Human/Original, Fandom or Animal. Within these subforums, group roleplays are opened up to all members who agree to the individual rules set by that specific group roleplay owner. In short, they are public and free game to join as long as spots are open.
- A third, less common way in which individuals can join an rp is through the Group Roleplays subforum which is within the 1x1 Searches for both the Novice and Advanced Roleplay forums. The roleplays within this subforum tend to be labeled as private and are either among those who are already acquainted with one another or are invite only. However, it’s important to note that some people will specifically say in the initial post that if you’re interested in joining, to message them.
PUSH DOWN ADDITIONAL ROLEPLAY EXPECTATIONS
Regarding roleplays, there a few more specific notes that should be made in order to ensure the comfort of all members on the site.PUSH DOWN
- Forgotten Tomes is a site where almost all content is allowed. However, because explicit content of all kinds are allowed, we do expect that warnings are put at the beginning of all threads or roleplays that have such themes. Such themes that require a warning in the first post include smut, vulgar language/heavy swearing, violence, gore, drug use, self harm, torture, bestiality, incest, rape, excessive descriptions relating to mental disorders, etc. Note that just because something isn’t specifically mentioned here does not mean you don’t have to mention it in your initial post as a warning. Use your common sense as it is also better to simply overstate themes as warnings instead of understating. A final note is that if you as a member choose to continue reading someone’s roleplay when a warning is listed, you have taken responsibility for subjecting yourself to such content. This allows members to take responsibility for their own creations and actions on both sides.
- Only one subject is banned and it is noted below in the Legal Matters section as it is entirely illegal.
PUSH DOWN LEGAL MATTERS
There are a handful of topics that are not allowed anywhere on the site, all being that which is illegal by law.PUSH DOWN
- Smut can only be written between two legal and consenting adults (those who are age eighteen and older). It is considered illegal for two minors or a minor and a consenting adult to roleplay smut with one another. If members are discovered to be breaking this law as this site is based within the US (in which the law is based in), they will be banned. That being said, it is also a general expectation that members are not to lie about their age in order to avoid this law.
- In connection with the above point, it is also illegal for members to roleplay characters who are involved with one another sexually and are either both minors or one is a minor and the other is a legal adult. Mentions of it are allowed in regards to characters who have been subjected to this sort of abuse in their past, but present instances, mentions or acts fall under a zero tolerance policy. That said, it’s encouraged to just not touch it.
PUSH DOWN GDPR
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a European regulation put in place to protect you from privacy and data breaches.
- As a roleplaying site and online forum, our backend naturally collects and stores information regarding IP addresses, e-mail addresses, and location (provided by the ip address). To remain compliant we want to be as transparent about this as possible and ensure that while most of the staff team does have access to this, it is entirely protected. Nobody else can access this information and if anyone whether they be a staff or member asks you for your personal information please be cautious or contact other staff so that we may deal with it properly! It must also be noted that while we are based out of the U.S, we still gain traffic via European users.
- If you would like to read up more about what the GDPR is, you are welcome to visit this website here that is kept updated with all official information.
These ranks are applied to all regular members and is based upon how many posts an individual has.
VIGILANT: 0 posts
LIGHTBEARER: 100 posts
DAWNBRINGER: 250 posts
FLAMEBEARER: 400 posts
ILLUMINATE: 550 posts
ZENITH: 700 posts
RADIANT MINOR: 900 posts
RADIANT: 1,150 posts
HIGH RADIANT: 1,500 posts
ARCH-RADIANT: 3,000 posts