Swiggity Swooty - Python and others

Savage Badger
Page
Alignment: Lawful SAVAGE

Swiggity Swooty - Python and others

You love coding or want to learn it? Perhaps you're looking for a small programming chellange? Get together with fellow programmers to chat, dicuss and learn!

Rules:
Be nice and respect each other. I guess that's all that has to be said.
Follow the page rules and have fun!
Canine
Founder
Alignment: lawful chaotic.
Zodiac: scorpio โ˜‰ virgo โ˜ฝ virgo โ†‘

Re: Swiggity Swooty - Python and others

• Hi there! So, I know how to work BBcoding and also HTML coding just enough to draft up tumblr themes- but Python is admittedly something I have never touched.

What exactly is Python and how does it work? I've looked up general explanations but they only compare it to being like C++ which I also have zero experience with.
๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ซ. ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐ณ๐ž๐ซ, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ฃ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐ญ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ
canine | site luminary & founder | aspiring author
inbox is always open | discord: ๐Š๐„๐Œ๐„๐“๐ˆ๐Š๐Š ใƒปใ‚œ+.#5014
Savage Badger
Page

Re: Swiggity Swooty - Python and others

Python is an object-oriented language and has the benefits of being quite easy to learn. Unlike Java that is a static typing language (you always have to specify the type of your variable and type-casting does not always work), Python is a dynamic one: means that it recognizes the type of your variables while the programme is running.
Also, the objects and statements are quite close to the English language (e.g array in Java vs. list in Python. It does the same thing but... I guess 'list' is a much more pleasant name than an array).
Otherwise, it's a jack-of-all-trades language. You can do just about anything with it, from games to webpages :D
Savage Badger
Page

Windows Shortcuts

Here is a list of my favourite shortcuts and key combinations. This is by no means comprehensive and is mostly the combinations I use when writing longer texts or generally working on my computer (I'm mostly programming). This is a list of shortcuts for windows if anybody uses a Mac feel free to post your list here, too!

Text Manipulation
  • ctrl+a: mark all
    ctrl+c: copy marked text
    ctrl+x: cut marked text
    ctrl+v: paste
    ctrl+z: undo (not only for text, but also works in most other programmes such as Photoshop)
    ctrl+y: redo
Navigation in Text
  • ctrl+any arrow key: jump to the last populated cell in that direction
    shift + any arrow key: mark the next character in that direction
    crtl+shift+any arrow key: mark the last populated cell in that direction
Misc.
  • win+l: lock screen